xsl-list

Re: [xsl] ÅÄÖåäö commes out as ??

2006-06-09 05:26:58
On 6/9/06, Niklas Holmberg <Niklas(_dot_)Holmberg(_at_)eniro(_dot_)com> wrote:

Hi!

I'm quite new to xsl (actually this is the first real xsl i'm producing) and
have an encoding problem.
My xml and xsl are in UTF-8 and i've also specified that the output should be
UTF-8.

The problem is that ÅÄÖåäö all commes out as ?? (3F 3F) in the output.
I don't know the name of my xsl-transformer. I just got provided with a
directory with a shell-script which i call like this:
./xmlxslt.sh /home/niho/words.xml /home/niho/words.xsl > /home/niho/words.html

Here's the files in the folder, maybe someone can figure out what the name of
the transformer is?
http://www2.hemsida.net/badtant/xsl/xmlxslt.zip

And here's my xml, xsl and output:
http://www2.hemsida.net/badtant/xsl/files.zip

Does anybody know the name of the transformer and what might be the problem?

Thanks!
/Niklas

The processor is Xalan.

The next step I would try is to set the default encoding of the JVM -
so in the xmlxslt.sh file add the switch -encoding=3D"UTF-8":

java -encoding=3D"UTF-8" -classpath /www/common/..........

cheers
andrew

(apologies if this comes through twice, I was told the first one failed)