xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Debugging XSL using Saxon

2006-06-16 08:39:46
andrew welch wrote:
On 6/16/06, Shailesh Shinde <shailesh(_at_)quagnito(_dot_)com> wrote:
Hi All,

Can you please tell me how to debug xsl using Saxon. Please provide
any references for the same.

You can't with just Saxon itself, you would need to get yourself an IDE that can debug using Saxon. I don't know of any free ones... An alternative is to use xsl:message, or copy variables etc to the
output to see what they contain.

To be honest the last time I tried using an XSLT debugger I found it more fiddly than just using xsl:message, but perhaps they've come on since then.

I use Oxygen, whose debugger is pretty good. I can't compare it with
Stylus Studio, which I haven't used; but the Oxygen debugger didn't take
me more than an hour to get the hang of, and can step through imported
stylesheets and stuff like that. It's helped me debug problems that
would have taken ages just using xsl:message.

--
Jack.