xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Writing an Entity Reference

2006-06-19 09:03:50
That's the answer, thanks very much.

As to the use of entities in this project, I am bound by the specified
DTD.  Otherwise, I'd chuck it all together.

Thanks again.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: andrew welch [mailto:andrew(_dot_)j(_dot_)welch(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 11:51 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Writing an Entity Reference

On 6/19/06, Woods, Christopher <cwoods(_at_)eo(_dot_)kollmorgen(_dot_)com>
wrote:
Hi Folks,

I want to build a DTD hold entity references for image files used in
my document.  It should look something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!ENTITY someIMAGE SYSTEM
"images/someIMAGE.png"> <!ENTITY anotherIMAGE SYSTEM
"images/anotherIMAGE.png">

And so on...

I tried something like this:

<!ENTITY ]]><xsl:value-of select="$myEntityRef"/><![CDATA[ SYSTEM
"]]><xsl:value-of select="$myimgRef"/><![CDATA[">]]>

But it yields:

&lt;!ENTITY myEntityRef SYSTEM myImgRef &gt;

So how can I get:

<!ENTITY anotherIMAGE SYSTEM "images/anotherIMAGE.png">

Have a read of:

http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N2281.html#d3564e220

...however I would argue why bother?  Unless you plan on hand-editing
the file later on, why  the need for entities?

--~--

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential and/or
proprietary information intended only for the addressee.
Any unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on the contents
of this information is strictly prohibited
and may constitute a violation of law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately by
responding to this e-mail, and delete the message from your system.  If you
have any questions about this e-mail, please
notify the sender immediately.