xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Selecting all nodes between pairs of <br> tags

2006-06-19 20:49:55
Hi Mukul,
<xsl:template name="stat">
<xsl:param name="nodeset" />
<xsl:if test="not((local-name($nodeset[1]) = 'br') and
(local-name($nodeset[2]) = 'br'))">
  <!-- do something with the node; i.e $nodeset[1] -->
  <xsl:call-template name="stat">
    <xsl:with-param name="nodeset" select="$nodeset[position &gt; 1]" />
  </xsl:call-template>
</xsl:if>
</xsl:template>

I could not give this code earlier because your source XML data was
not enough for me to formulate this solution.
Thank you very much for that. It looks a bit more elegant than what I had started coming up with - I think because most similar solutions involve xsl:for-each, I stopped thinking about recursion. Now I'm having flashbacks of my brief experience with Prolog many years ago :)

Is there a convenient way to skip the processed nodes, or is the solution another template which matches each item in the list to suppress it - this seems like it would suffer from the same problem though.

Regards,
Duncan