xsl-list

AW: [xsl] <saxon-error-element/>

2006-06-20 06:02:15
Dear Michael Kay

Thanks to your explanations below I have solved the problem. The error was
caused by the usage of fn:node-name() without its newly mandatory argument.
I discovered the bug when I executed the generation on the command line
(this step is usually hidden as meta generation step). This showed me also,
that I could have found the causing source without disturbing you. Many
thanks for your generous support.

Cheers
Raffaele

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Michael Kay [mailto:mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 20. Juni 2006 10:41
An: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Betreff: RE: [xsl] <saxon-error-element/>

Please submit your problem to the saxon-help mailing list or forum at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/saxon

Include your stylesheet and source document: I'm not going to trawl
through
mailing list archives to find them! It's also sometimes necessary to know
how the transformation was invoked.

I haven't seen <saxon-error-element> appear in visible output before. It's
used as a substitute name when you call xsl:element with an invalid QName
as
the element name, but only after generating an error message which should
ensure that the compiled stylesheet is not generated.

It's worth checking the change log when you move to a new Saxon release.
There are often small changes that you need to be aware of, for example
changing namespaces in response to new versions of the W3C specifications.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/