xsl-list

Re: [xsl] [FXSL] Using document('') to get the high-level function (+ a little bug?)

2006-06-24 07:46:57
Dimitre Novatchev wrote:

  Hi

 There is no mailing list on the SF.net project page for
FXSL, but I think my question is on topic here (Dimitre,
could you please let me know if there is a more
appropriate place to discuss FXSL?).

There are three fora for the FXSL project:

 FXSL Help
 Help
 Open Discussion

  Ok, I always forget to check the forum availability on
SF.net projects, I only think to check for mailing list...

There's also a Developers forum, which is visible only
project members.

I agree with Colin and would be glad to add you as a
developer to the FXSL project -- please, let me know.

  Thank you.  I'd be very pleased to join you.  I'll
contact you off list.

[...]

You're right, the reason is historical.

What is more, do not use this template at all -- there is
an xsl:function named f:zipWith and it should be used with
FXSL2.

  Ok, I missed them at the first glance.  Actually, that
answers a few more questions I has (why not use XPath
functions, why not use @as, etcetera).

[...]

Here one doesn't manually provide/code a reference to a
function that adds its two arguments -- FXSL provides
higher-order function wrappers as f:add() above, which
evaluate to the necessary reference. Also, these wrappers
are identically named as the referenced original F & O
function/operator (if we disregard the namespace), so in
order to pass the "+" operator as a parameter one simply
writes "f:add()"

  Very interesting!

This will be presented and discussed in detail in my
presentation at the Extreme Markup Languages 2006
conference in August.

  Unfortunately, it is far from Belgium and quite
expensive :-(.  And as I already went to XML Prague, I doubt
my employer let me go to Montréal in six weeks.  What a
pity, there will be very interesting talks and speakers!  I
hope you'll make your notes available ;-)

  Thanks for your response.

  Regards,

--drkm