xsl-list

RE: [xsl] "'tokenize' is not a valid XSLT or XPath function."

2006-06-26 09:11:35
Saxon isn't a parser, it is an XSLT processor. (You are not alone in
referring to XSLT processors as parsers - but the usage is quite incorrect,
and potentially confusing.)

Saxon runs under either .NET or Java. Both platforms are very easy to
install and configure on a Windows box.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve [mailto:subsume(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 26 June 2006 16:54
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] "'tokenize' is not a valid XSLT or XPath function."

Poked around Saxon but it doesn't seem that I can use this
parser without .NET (I currently use ASP classic). Is this true?

-Steve

On 6/23/06, Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com> wrote:
What's strange is while attempting to use variables to represent
document trees (a function of 2.0), changing the version to 2.0
fixed a parse error.

If you specify version="2.0" when running an XSLT 1.0
processor, then
it runs in "forwards compatibility mode": it then doesn't report
errors in constructs unless they are actually executed and fail at
run-time. This was designed to make it easier to write stylesheets
that run with multiple processors implementing different
XSLT versions.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

--~--