xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Filtering problem

2006-06-28 08:37:17
Wendell Piez wrote:
Marcus,

Mukul is correct to point you to the identity transform to build your
filter.

In particular, your problem is just a bit trickier than the ordinary
case since your requirements include things like

there are no attributes starting dim1
or
dim1_a="yes"

Unfortunately, the proposed match="*[starts-with(name(@*), 'dim1')]
won't work, since when there are several attributes it will only examine
the name of the first of them, in document order, which as it happens is
undefined.

Thanks to both of you.

The part I was really struggling with was priority - I had not got my
head around that.

Once I had that sorted I found I could be much more brutal with the
selection - as I did not need to worry about the corner cases as
priority magically solved those for me.

Marcus