xsl-list

[xsl] using collection()

2006-06-30 07:13:09
In an earlier post I read with interest Michael Kay saying using the
collection() to mass validate a set of documents. This piqued my
interest and went into my 2 WROX books written by M.K. himself to read
up on this function. No real examples but I think I get it, please
correct me if I'm wrong.

I could do a for-each that will parse a set of docs of unknown filenames
(size inconsequential) and lets say return the value/copy of the second
node and the documents name into a result-document. If this is true then
I can toss out my ANT build to run through a directory and output a
well-formed XML doc that contains the names of the XML files. A 2 step
process turned into inline. I've needed to do this on many occasions and
always wanted to do it inline.

Please tell me it's true

Marijan Madunic
Have XSLT Will Transform
hajduk(_at_)imag(_dot_)net

The following signature will only be valid till Tuesday July 4

=============================

Marijan (Mario) Madunic
XML/XSL Developer, Product Group

Business Objects
910 Mainland Street

Vancouver Canada

Tel: 604 974 2904

Marijan(_dot_)Madunic(_at_)businessobjects(_dot_)com
www.businessobjects.com

STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL. This email may contain confidential
and proprietary material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient please contact the sender and delete all copies.