xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Import/Include mess

2006-06-30 16:11:32
On 6/30/06, Steve <subsume(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
I have three xsl's, A, B, C. While they can be accessed separately for
screen viewing, when A is printed, I want B and C to appear using css.

My problem is that I can't include/import B and C within A because
each uses an fxsl library and, since that library contains includes, I

Not true. There isn't a single xsl:include instruction in FXSL.
Whenever some bit of functionality needs to be referenced, this is
achieved using xsl:import

get a parse error that doesn't like the fact that two sheets are
including the same file without import preference.

Obviously, one reason you start using xsl is the mutability of design
for things like this, but I must have something organized incorrectly.

The necessary FXSL stylesheets were designed to be imported -- not to
be included.

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev

See below for general idea. Any comments/opinions welcome.

-Steve

--Stylesheet A below---

<xsl:stylesheet version='1.0' xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
       <xsl:import href="B.xsl" />
       <xsl:import href="C.xsl" />
       <xsl:include href="../../Includes/fxsl-MS-1.1/strSplit-to-Words.xsl" />
       <xsl:template match="/">

              <xsl:apply-imports />
       </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

<xsl:stylesheet version='1.0' xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
       <xsl:include href="../../Includes/fxsl-MS-1.1/strSplit-to-Words.xsl" />
       <xsl:template match="/">
       </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

--~--