xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Having Trouble With Condition For Default Nodeset Selection

2006-07-04 17:43:27
Hi Ken,

Thanks for the nerf mallet. Your suggested solution seems to do the trick quite nicely.

On the use of "//", the $currency-data comes from a select="document(..)" and so seems to be required or I get no result set - although I can probably fold the currency-data and codes into a single select. Better pass me that mallet again. :)

Regards,
Duncan

G. Ken Holman wrote:
In your case, using the not() in the predicate will be true for those members that are not the value of the country code, therefore it will be true for many members. So, you need a predicate that will only be true when the member is not found.

I think I would use something along the lines of:

<!--are you sure you need "//" in the following?-->
<xsl:variable name="codes"
              select="$currency-data//currency"/>
<xsl:variable name="found-code"
              select="$codes[(_at_)code = $country-code]"/>
<xsl:variable name="currency"
              select="$found-code |
                      $codes[(_at_)code='US'][not( $found-code )]"/>

I hope this helps.