xsl-list

Re: [xsl] $variables with xsl:key()

2006-07-25 11:45:49
Hi Steve,

At 12:47 PM 7/25/2006, you wrote:
What isn't matched about the sample data?

The data you offered:

<Records>
   <Record>
         <disabPrimary>101</disabPrimary>
    </Record>
    <Record>
         <disabPrimary>201</disabPrimary>
    </Record>
    <Record>
         <disabPrimary>151</disabPrimary>
    </Record>

.....etc

And consumer.xml disabilties are like----------

<option oldID="413" type="Physical" name="Cancer"/>
<option oldID="400" type="Cognitive" name="Cerebral Palsy"/>
<option oldID="410" type="Physical" name="Chronic Fatigue Syndrome"/>
<option oldID="305" type="Cognitive" name="Cognitive-Other"/>

In the best case, we'd have a complete if reduced sample where records would appear matching oldIDs you actually represented ... this makes it much easier to run the XSLT engines we keep in our heads, or even engines we run in our computers, to test everything. (List participants have been known to test each other's code in live processors from time to time.)

What do you mean by "key declarations"?

By "key declaration" I mean the top-level element that sets up the key and assigns it a name, as in

<xsl:key name="things-by-id" match="thing" use="@id"/>

Without those it's impossible for us to determine whether you're calling the key in a way that will actually return you the nodes you want.

In your sample stylesheet you actually call two separate keys, "options" and "oldID". The declarations would help us understand what they do and whether there may be an error somewhere.

Cheers,
Wendell