xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Cell width

2006-07-30 04:15:48
Oleg,

Your question seems a little off base since XSLT does not present anything,
it transforms XML into something that is presented like HTML or RTF or
XSL-FO->PDF.

If you are presenting something using XSLT to transform, what output format
are you using?

If HTML, you can use colspan like you said.  I don't think there is an
equivalent in CSS, but you can google for this.

If XSL-FO you can specify a width for element fo:table-column with the
column-width attribute.

Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: Oleg Konovalov [mailto:olegkon(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2006 9:42 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Cell width

Hi,

I am trying to reformat my XSLT presentation page (several tables)
so that some cells are shorter, some are longer
and in some rows the text spans across a few cells.

As of now, it all render them as all of the same width.
Is there a tag in XSL for that, something like a "colspan" in HTML ?

Can the number be less than 1?  (my first column should be very short,
just a few characters)

Sorry for the newbie question.

What's the syntaxis, something like: <cell span="0.5">short</cell>  ?

Thank you,
Oleg.

--~--