xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Calender support

2006-07-31 08:33:42
When I look at the signature of the format-date() function I see this format:

format-date(date, picture, language, calendar, country)

with the latter three arguments being optional.

Looking at your use:
format-date(current-date(), '[Y١] [Mn] [D١]', 'Islamic', 'SH',
'SH'),

The "date" part is OK.

I can't tell anything about the picture parts. It seems I don't have the
correct code page to display the Arabic script. Do you have the correct code
page on your computer and is the "encoding" attribute set correctly on the
xsl:output element?

According to my (very little) research, what's needed in the "language"
argument is a two-letter ISO code for the language. "Islamic" is definitely not
that. The "SH" in the calendar and country positions gives me a clue that you
may want Farsi as the language, in which case the language code should be "fa".
If you want the Arabic alphabet, set the language code to "ar"

Try this:

format-date(current-date(), '[Y١] [Mn] [D١]', 'fa', 'SH', 'SH')
or
format-date(current-date(), '[Y١] [Mn] [D١]', 'ar', 'SH', 'SH'),

Please remember that I'm not offering any advice regarding the "picture", as I
don't have the code page on my system that would display the characters
correctly.

--
Charles Knell
cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com - email