xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Querying an Active Directory memberOf Attribute

2006-08-01 01:36:30
I think you've made the mistake of imagining that contains(A,B) tests
whether the set A includes an item equal to B. If you read the spec, you'll
see that it actually tests whether the string A contains B as a substring.
To test the first condition, use A=B.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Cailo . [mailto:frenzal68(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 01 August 2006 07:48
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Querying an Active Directory memberOf Attribute

Hi all,

I am new to this and I am pulling my hair out. I am working
on a product called RightFax which has the ability to sync
users in from Active Directory using XSL. I am trying to
query the Active Directory memberOf attribute and depending
on whether the user is in a particular group, put them in the
respective group within RightFax. My problem is that because
memberOf is an array within AD, the query is only searching
the first 'string' of the array and hence not returning
correct results. What I would like to do is to either query
the entire array or join each string within the array to
create one long string, then query the string. Please see
below my script:

<xsl:template match="rf:attr[(_at_)name='memberOf']">
  <attr name="GroupID">
    <value>
      <xsl:variable name="group" select="*" />
      <xsl:choose>
        <xsl:when
test="contains($group,'Group_1')">100663298</xsl:when>
        <xsl:when
test="contains($group,'Group_2')">100663299</xsl:when>
        <xsl:otherwise><xsl:value-of select="100663296"
/></xsl:otherwise>
      </xsl:choose>
    </value>
  </attr>
</xsl:template>

I have done this previously with javascript and it worked
fine however I am unable to get this to work. Please see
below the javascript:

Dim strGroups
If IsArray(varProp) Then
    strGroups = (Join(varProp))
       If (InStr(strGroups, "CN=Group_1") > 0 ) Then
             objUser.IsUnprotected = 0
             objUser.GroupID="Orlando"
       End If
End If