xsl-list

[xsl] commandline param's passing problem using saxon

2006-08-07 07:34:02
Hello,

I have problem passing commandline param's to my xsl stylesheet using
saxon. I did tried all suggested param=value in with & without
dbl/single quotes (like "param=value" or param="value" or
param='value'). But no use.

Not sure whether someother mistake i make. The preview.xsl code is
(scaled down version)

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
        <xsl:template match="/">
                <xsl:param name="contentType"/>
                <xsl:param name="contentIdentifier"/>
                   <xsl:value-of select="$contentType"/> - <xsl:value-of
select="$contentIdentifier"/>
        </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

and my cmd line call is:
java -jar saxon8.jar -t XMLfilename.xml preview.xsl
contentType=Topics contentIdentifier=Introduction >a.html

These two are not picked up and displayed.

Is using <xsl:template match="/"> correct?

When i tried with <xsl:template match="preview"> or <xsl:template
name="preview">, my whole xml source get rendered? Any idea why?

What Am i missing?

Also, later I will have to invoke the same cmd from a php file. So,
any other specific changes i should take care?

Thanks in adv
karl