xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Passing xml nodes to a function

2006-08-10 07:48:11

                    <xsl:apply-templates select=".//response/*/response/*"
mode="table"/>

What I am getting at the moment is the following:-
your posted xml didn't have response as a grandchild of response so I'll
have to guess that's OK, * selects client and then

                   <xsl:template match="*" mode="table">
                       <xsl:if test="not(*)"><td><xsl:value-of
select="."/></td></xsl:if>
<xsl:apply-templates mode="table" select="*"/>
                  </xsl:template>

should put all the data in a table, but i expect that the output you are
seeing is from the default template (ie, it's the same as as the output
from a stylesheet that has no templates). Without seeing what your
input looks like I can't suggest whet match pattern should be on your
initial template.
If the xml posted is the complete xml document, then you want something
like
<xsl:template match="/response"
                    <xsl:apply-templates select="*" mode="table"/>
</xsl:template>

David