xsl-list

Re: [xsl] error/confusion with translate function

2006-08-11 08:14:09
Duane Gran wrote:
How embarrassing! And to think that I actually did recite the alphabet for both lists, but somehow overlooked this error. Thank you (and others) for setting me straight.

Duane

Easily done :-)

FWIW, a while back I came across an interesting variation on typing the alphabet for use in translate(): type the keyboard layout instead, thus:

translate($string, 'QWERTYUIOPASDFGHJKLZXCVBNM', 'qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm')

It's much easier to type (for a non-touch-typist like me, anyway) and that, to my mind, makes it less susceptible to the kind of slip you made in your code.

(Of course, the French will want "AZERTY..." instead.)

Cheers,

Nick.
--
Nick Fitzsimons