xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Namespace prefixes in Schemas

2006-08-16 03:52:38
So "to match the namespace URI rather than the prefix" should be the
correct beahviour of any XPath processor, or is that left to the
processor implementation?

Neverthleless, i'm going to try to get some help on the Sarissa list too.

Thanks for your time.

2006/8/16, Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com>:
> But nevertheless i lied about my actual problem, (gee, i'm
> watching too much "House") cause i was afraid that the
> moderator will come by saying this is not a XSL question...

I think XPath is in-scope for this list.

> My problem is that i'm using Sarissa to get some Schema nodes
> using XPath, like this
>
> var nodes = xmlSchema.selectNodes("//xs:element");
>
> after declaring
>
> Sarissa.setXpathNamespaces(xmlSchema,
> 'xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";');
>
> It seems that this is about the same situation you've pointed
> in your answer, but that is not working

Without reading the Sarissa specs I would certainly expect it to work. (That
is, to match the namespace URI rather than the prefix). Sounds as if your
issue might be specific to Sarissa, or to the XPath processor in your
particular browser; or it might be some misunderstanding.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

--~--