xsl-list

[xsl] template match based on external document

2006-08-23 02:01:28
I want to create a template who's match attribute is partly derived from an
external xml document (in particular an attribute of a node in the external
xml document).
Once matched I need to then access other attributes from the external doc
Is this possible?

I know this code is wrong but it illustrates my thinking at the moment:
---
<xsl:template match="g[(_at_)id=document('doc.xml')//object(_at_)id]">
  <xsl:value-of select="document('doc.xml')//object(_at_)type"/>
</xsl:template>
---

Is something like this template possible? Am I way of target? Any ideas?

Kind Regard,

Linc