xsl-list

RE: [xsl] metrics for evaluating xsl-t?

2006-08-23 07:43:29
At 08:20 AM 8/23/2006, Mike wrote:
I get particularly sceptical about metrics if they are associated with
targets or goals. It reminds me of a project manager who measured people on
the number of lines of code they wrote each week, and couldn't cope with one
programmer who prided himself on reporting negative numbers.

This makes me wonder whether those of us who write lots of code aren't doomed to future lives (or perhaps millennia in Purgatory) as maintenance programmers, rewriting each others' code better so as to reduce our net addition of lines of code to zero....

Cheers,
Wendell