xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Using attributes with XPath

2006-08-24 09:03:46

I use 1.0. I know that you can do lots of stuff in 2.0.

the construct is legal in XSLT1, I try always to say explictly if I'm
using xslt2 draft (as xslt 1 is currently the official version)

I don't agree with the confusing concepts between elements and
attributes, esp. with people that are just learning XSLT.
It wasn't that anyone was _recommending it_ it was that the OP did it
anyway and you commented that it wasn't allowed, whereas in fact it is.

in XSLT 1 the parent of an attribute is an element, and
match="@foo[parent::bar]" is a legal XSLT1 match pattern.

David