xsl-list

Re: [xsl] New to XSLT arena

2006-08-29 09:22:00
Thank you very much for the input .I will jump into the website you all have suggested and wet myself.
Thanks,
Senthil
On Aug 29, 2006, at 3:03 AM, Frans Englich wrote:

On Tuesday 29 August 2006 00:50, Kamal Bhatt wrote:
I found the following pages have good intro tutorials:

http://www.w3schools.com/xpath/default.asp
http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/

I would take w3schools lightly. To my experience it is any times references as if copied directly from the spec or very shallow explanations. It lacks the wisdom, such as "XML do's and dont's" and explanation of the concepts in XSL-T(that newcomers, especially with a procedural background, have a hard
time to understand, understandably).

Many times you get that kind of knowledge by reading something produced by people having worked a lot with the particular technologies or in some other
way have deep experience in the field.

Cheers,

                Frans

--~--