xsl-list

RE: [xsl] gaps in output

2006-08-29 12:19:40

I suspect your stylesheet contains an xml:space="preserve" attribute (it
shouldn't)

If that doesn't solve it, show us your code: it's always difficult to find
bugs when you can't see the code.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Emily(_dot_)Garrett(_at_)thomson(_dot_)com
[mailto:Emily(_dot_)Garrett(_at_)thomson(_dot_)com]
Sent: 29 August 2006 18:32
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] gaps in output

Sometimes my XSLT output has huge gaps in between the
elements that appear to correlate with spacing in the XSLT.
For instance, if I have gaps from an xsl:choose they show up
inside a variable, making the variable unusable so I have to
put the whole
<xsl:variable><xsl:choose>....</xsl:choose></xsl:variable> on
one line.
And I get an error when I have <xsl:element name=x"> and
don't have the following <xsl:attribute> on the same line.
(which means I can't use Spy's pretty print)

I think one of the factors was because I created elements
like this <para> instead of like this: <xsl:element
name="para"/>.  However, I
have fixed all these.  Also I am using
<xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Emily Garrett

--~--