xsl-list

RE: [xsl] XSLT2.0 compatibility

2006-09-05 11:12:56
From: David Carlisle [mailto:davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk]
Sent: 05 September, 2006 14:06
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT2.0 compatibility

In general it is quite good, but it doesn't give you control over
formatting.  For example, it outputs 3 spaces as an indent.
 What if I
thought 2 spaces were adequate?  I cannot control it.

xsl:output saxon:indent-spaces="2"

Yes, but that is specific to Saxon and is not a general XSLT 2.0
solution to the problem.  BTW, since I use Saxon for my XSLT 2.0
work, I do use this solution often for basic indented output ;)

However, many times I want the XML to be formatted in a specific
way so it is more readable to humans, rather than machines and
that requires additional newlines to be inserted into the XML at
specific locations.

Andy.