xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Problem in XSL transformation

2006-09-06 03:17:46

Hi Mike,

Given below is sample code.

<xsl:template match="p">
        <xsl:call-template name="transformXMLString">
                <xsl:with-param name="StringToTransform" select="."/>
        </xsl:call-template>
</xsl:template>

The template transformXMLString replaces double quote with ~ and new
line with <br/>

Thanks & Regards,
Ambika Prasad Das

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Kay [mailto:mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 1:16 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] Problem in XSL transformation

We have the following requirements.

1. We want to retain the HTML tags which are part of the XML
output from a HTTP server. The output is in form of raw XML
and we don't want to loose the formatting (HTML tags) while
transforming.
2. We want to replace double quote to a special character and
line breaks to <br> tag to be used for further processing.

It would be much clearer if you showed us a sample of the input and the
corresponding output; and also if you gave some indication of what you
have
tried and why you are finding this difficult.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/