xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Two versions of sum over node list by recursion--why and how does seco

2006-09-06 05:42:50
On 9/5/06, Colin Adams <colinpauladams(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

Is your hope founded on knowledge of someone working on such an
implementation?

The fact is *I* am not aware of anyone doing this, which doesn't mean
anyone is not doing this.

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev

>>For Dimitre, it can also be written as a divide and conquer
>>sum(empty-list)=0
>>sum(item)=item
>>sum(list)=sum(even-position-items)+ sum(odd-position-items)
>>
>>David
>

>What is becoming important with this is that not in the so distant
>future (I hope) an XSLT processor will calculate:
>
>    sum(even-position-items)
>and
>    sum(odd-position-items)
>
>in two different threads on two processors so that the total
>calculation will be approx. twice as fast.
>
>Parallelization is something very natural in functional programming,
>while it can be very difficult to achieve with imperative programming.

--~--