xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Relationships in for-each statement

2006-09-08 08:45:13
Good morning! (or afternoon, I guess, in the UK).

On 9/7/06, David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

> . How would I implement keys to clean up and speed up this expression?

the expression is of the form //something[path/to/@attribute=expression]
which is exactly (more or less:-) the meaning of
key('k',expression)
if you first go
<xsl:key name="k" match="something" use="path/to/@attribute"/>

Well, trying this, I find a problem in that my expression

<xsl:for-each select="//program[tv:title = $matcher]/@id">

isn't really in that form. I suspect, short of actually throwing the
entire sheet in here for inspection, that I've hit the end of the road
for this one.

Bob Portnell
simply(_dot_)bobp(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com