xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSL:problem printing the values in between two tags

2006-09-10 09:34:07
With XSLT 1.0, following will do what you want:

<xsl:template match="p">
 <xsl:value-of select="." />
</xsl:template>

On 9/10/06, Jaebin Lee <jaebin(_dot_)charade(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to using XSL and encountered with a problem where I try printing
some values that reside in between two tags in TEI xml file.

The xml part where I'm having problem is as:

     Translation from italiano to castellano by Antonio Gabald=F3n;
        <lb TEIform="lb" />
    Subject: Teatro: tragedia;
        <lb TEIform="lb" />
    Type: Manuscrito MONOGRAFIA;

From here, I want to print out the every value that is in <p> tag,
but I'm only successful in getting only the value from first line
which is: Translation
from italiano to castellano by Antonio Gabald=F3n;
I first thought the two other values below (that is Subject: Teatro:
tragedial;, Type: Manuscrito MONOGRAFIA;) belong to <lb> tag, but
obviously this is not because <lb> tag is opened and closed before the text
value comes.
So I believe that these text values all belong to <p> node, but haven't bee=
able to print out the last 2 values that are each under the <lb> tag...

Shouldn't
<xsl:template match="p">
  <xsl:value-of select="node()"/>
<xsl:template match/>
print out all the values theoretically?
I also tried putting them inside of <for-each> tag  with descendant-or-self::*
but still the same result.

Could anyone suggest a way to print the other two values?
I'd really appreciate it if you could please help.

Thank you.
-Jaebin

--
Regards,