xsl-list

Re: [xsl] @xmlns retrieving value of

2006-09-12 10:06:29
Thanks George for your solution. This isn't exactly what I was looking for but
that is my fault.

Should have mentioned that I would like to test for the existence of @xmlns and
output the namespace only then. So I can get output like the following

<anElem:para xmlns:anElem="http://www.namespace.com/namespaces/anElem";>this is a
test to retrieve the namespace uri and name.</anElem:para>

or if ther is no @xmlns

<para>this is a test to retrieve the namespace uri and name.</para>

from

<root>
retrieve the namespace uri and name.</p>

</root>

Sorry about that.

Mario

Quoting George Cristian Bina <george(_at_)oxygenxml(_dot_)com>:

Hi Mario,

The document you want as output has the para element with an undeclared
namespace as the anElem prefix is not bound. Probably what you want is

<anElem:para
xmlns:anElem="http://www.namespace.com/namespaces/anElem";>this is a test
         to retrieve the namespace uri and name.</anElem:para>
?

In that case you can use something like:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<x:stylesheet xmlns:x="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
   xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version="2.0">
   <x:template match="root">
     <newDoc>
       <xsl:apply-templates/>
     </newDoc>
   </x:template>
   <xsl:template match="p">
     <xsl:variable name="pns" select="namespace-uri()"/>
     <xsl:for-each select="namespace::*[name()!=$pns and name()!='xml'][1]">
       <xsl:element name="{name()}:para" namespace="{.}">this is a test
to retrieve the namespace uris
         and name.</xsl:element>
     </xsl:for-each>
   </xsl:template>
</x:stylesheet>

to get

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><newDoc>
     <anElem:para
xmlns:anElem="http://www.namespace.com/namespaces/anElem";>this is a test
to retrieve the namespace uris
         and name.</anElem:para>
</newDoc>

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina
http://www.oxygenxml.com

Mario Madunic wrote:
Hi I'm hoping somebody might have some insight.

Saxon 8
XSLT 2

Here is a sample piece of xml to help get the idea of what I'm trying to
achieve.

<root>
test
to retrieve the namespace uri and name.</p>
</root>

I've been trying to get the namespace and uri from the @xmlns with no
success. I
would like to reuse both the ns and uri when I transform the p into
something like
<newDoc>
<anElem:para xmlns="http://www.namespace.com/namespaces/anElem";>this is a
test
to retrieve the namespace uri and name.</anElem:para>
</newDoc>

I've used

namespace-uri()
name()
namespace-uri-for-prefix()
namespace-uri-from-QName()

I'm pretty sure the last 2 were being used inappropriately

Any ideas or solution would be appreciated.

Thanks

Marijan Madunic

--~--

--~--