xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Referencing Multiple Documents in One Folder -- Repost

2006-09-18 03:55:04
I'm trying to load a group of xml files that are found in a local sub-directory where the xslt file is located, what i'm doing is:

<xsl:for-each select="collection('XML files')">
   <xsl:copy-of select="."/>
</xsl:for-each>

But i'm getting an invalid URI error. I'm do not know much about URIs and this is the first time that i'm trying to do this loop thru a collection of document thing, i usually make a reference to a single document with can be easily done using the document() function.
-- Jeff
Michael Kay wrote:
What do i need to pass as a parameter of the collection function? Is it a URI of an catalog xml file that list all the files i need to loop through? or is it just the URI of the folder that contains all the xml files i need?

In Saxon, those are the two options supported by the default collection URI
resolver. You can use either approach, but I think you wanted the latter. If
there's part of the documentation you don't understand, please explain what
part.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

--~--