xsl-list

RE: [xsl] REPOST - duplicate footnotes

2006-09-20 08:40:36
I have an XSL style sheet that counts all the footnotes in a document.
I'm trying to modify this stylesheet to not increment the
count for duplicate footnotes and to not output a footnote
number with footnote text for the duplicate note.

I'm not sure what you mean by "duplicate" footnotes, but elimination of
duplicates is just a special case of grouping, and I would have thought that
the standard grouping techniques (www.jenitennison.com/xslt/grouping) would
solve the problem.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/