xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Opera's JavaScript API for XSLT?

2006-09-27 03:25:23
Robert Koberg <rob(_at_)koberg(_dot_)com>, 2006-09-22 15:11 -0400:

Does anyone know where Opera's JavaScript API for XSLT lives?

No documentation on the interface has been officially published
yet. But it attempts to implement the same XSLTProcessor interface
supported in current Gecko.

I have added some XSL transformation conveniences to the dojo toolkit
(http://dojotoolkit.org - you would need to use SVN and get the trunk)
and wanted to update it for Opera. Some things work the same as the
Mozilla family except for transformToFragment, it seems.

transformToFragment() works for me in Opera 9.02 for the test
cases that I have tried it with. If it doesn't work for you with
your code, then perhaps there's a bug in Opera's implementation
that needs to be fixed. If you can give me a test case, and I can
reproduce it, I'll open a bug for it and will follow up with you
directly about it.

If you've run into other specific problems or limitations, let me
know and I'll try to get them resolved.

Note that lack of support for the XSLT document() function in
Opera's implementation is a known issue.

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith
Opera Software, Tokyo