xsl-list

RE: [xsl] reset increment on attribute value change

2006-10-02 00:30:23

From: Jonathan Marenus [mailto:jonathanmarenus(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com]
Sent: 02 October 2006 05:14
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] reset increment on attribute value change

</a>
<a name="2">
..
</a>

I have repeatable b and c elements within each a (c within b).

My XSL consists of a for-each "a". My goal is to have an
incremented value for each c where a[(_at_)name="1"] and then
start over with the next a where @name="2".

Put simply, I need to reset the incrementing when the
attribute for a changes value.

Right now, I am using the position function for c, but the
problem with that is it starts over when I have a new b, not
a new a, since c is within b.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Jonathan Marenus