xsl-list

Re: [xsl] problems around →

2006-10-04 08:13:21
On 10/4/06, Frank Marent <frank(_dot_)marent(_at_)emnemics(_dot_)ch> wrote:
hi all

we're working with saxon 8.7.3J on windows xp on xslt 2.0. it seems
the entity reference

   &rarr;  (normal right arrow)

produces in the output

   &#x02191;&#x0FE00;&#x0FE00;&#x0FE00;

without a reason we can understand. we have no xslt transformation
option that can result that. has anybody encountered similar problems?

The reason will be that you are reading the file in the wrong encoding
- it's likely that the file is encoded in UTF-8 but you are reading it
in Windows-1252, but I can't work backwards from your output (I
would've expected three bytes, not four...)

If you can't work it out from that, you'll need to post back how you
are performing the transform and the encodings invovled, and how you
are viewing the output.

cheers
andrew