xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Allowing whitespace to stop merge of adjacent nodes

2006-10-10 04:19:03
In this case, I wouldn't expect the nodes to be merged as
they're not strictly adjacent (there's a whitespace node
between them) - but they are!

Perhaps you're using the Microsoft MSXML parser, which notoriously removes
whitespace text nodes without first asking you for permission. You can
switch this behaviour off, unless you're running in the browser.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/