xsl-list

[xsl] Newbie Question: Creating Error Description from Invalid Input

2006-10-13 07:21:24
I am a newbie to XSL and am hoping that somebody can help me with the following
scenario. I tried to use xsl:variable but was not successful. :(

I have an "errorDescription" element in the target structure. Depending on the
error condition result on input fields, I have to concatenate the field names
(that are in error) and post them to the errorDescription field.

How can I do it?  Any help is appreciated.

sample input.

<request>
 <header>
  <address1>1234</address1>
  <address2></address2>
  <address3>3456</address3>
  <address4></address4>
 </header>
</request>

If all address elements are expected to have values, and 2nd and 4th don't have
values the output file should look like:

<response>
 <header>
  <address1>1234</address1>
  <address3>3456</address3>
  <errorDescription>Invalid Elements: Address2,Address4</errorDescription
 </header>
</response>

Thanks in advance for your help.

Badari