xsl-list

[xsl] XSLT 1: template inside of template?

2006-10-30 11:58:38
Hi all,

I don't have my reference book in front of me. I just wanted a quick sanity
check.

I just got out of an interview and one of the questions was about XSLT 1.0. The
sample code looked like this:

<xsl:template .>
<tag1.>
<!-- various stuff -->
<xsl:template .>
<!-- more stuff -->
</xsl:template>
</tag1>
<!-- more stuff -->
</xsl:template>

I pointed out to the interviewer that this wasn't legal: you can't have an
xsl:template inside another xsl:template. She said that it was copied from a
working stylesheet, so it had to be legal, but I think there had to be a
copy-and-paste error or something in there.

Am I crazy? (Well, let's leave that one aside. am I crazy about this?) XSLT
doesn't allow an xsl:template inside of another xsl:template, right?

Thanks.

Chris Loschen