xsl-list

RE: [xsl] normalize-space()?

2006-10-31 13:45:57

The error I get when viewing console debug info from FOP is:
"Cannot conver #STRING to a nodelist!"

Well, that's nothing to do with normalize-space(). This is Xalan's way of
saying that you've violated the XSLT 1.0 rule that you can't use a result
tree fragment in a place where a node-set is expected. (The error message
has been that way for years - why can't someone improve it?).

To help you further we'll need to see the bit of code that's in error.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/