xsl-list

RE: [xsl] apply one template to another

2006-11-01 06:43:28

Hmm the code I posted, I tested here and it didn't do that - I was using
Saxon 8.

Here the /root/xform/xforms:model/xforms:instance matching template was
always used and the
/root/xform/xforms:model/xforms:instance/page/contact template never got
a look in.

What XSLT Processor do you use?

Thanks Adam.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Carlisle [mailto:davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk]
Sent: 01 November 2006 13:30
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] apply one template to another

If certain nodes in this extra information exist I want to replace the
corresponding node in /root/xform/xforms:model/xforms:instance/page
with
them.

That much was clear, but that's what the code you posted (and my
suggested rewrite) both did, assuming they matched the input at all
(which still isn't clear)

http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/#posting says:

    Well-composed questions frequently include a small XML sample, an
    XSLT stylesheet, the results received, and the result that was
    desired - all in miniature, to make it comprehensible to readers new
    to your problem. (It is also not uncommon to discover what a problem
    actually is in the process of reducing it to an illustrative
    version.)

David