xsl-list

Re: SV: [xsl] [Announcement] Altova Customers: Upgrade to Stylus Studio 2007 for a Reduced Price

2006-11-01 17:08:29
Per Osnes wrote:
I just wonder: Is this list a market place?

Even if the posting guidelines says "There is no restriction on what may be posted to the XSL-List provided it
is related to XSL",
such commercial announcements from a specific vendor are - in my opinion -
misplaced! Especially when the target group is the customers of their
competitor.

 - Per Osnes.

(not a customer...)
If you were to do what you suggested, then (out of fairness and consistency), we would also have to ban announcements relating to conferences, call for papers and new product announcements, as all of these are commercial announcements (in some way). I think some people might be interested in these announcements.

I question the marketing value in the Stylus studio announcement, for the reasons stated above and also because I think it makes Stylus Studio sound desperate and that can't be good impression to give, but that is another issue.

--
Kamal Bhatt

(also not a customer...)