xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Encoding issues with document() function

2006-11-04 02:39:01
If the document really does contain the Unicode character with codepoint
0x02, then it's not a well-formed XML document, and you won't be able to
read it from XSLT or from anything else that's designed to process XML. You
need  to correct the program that created the document so that it outputs
well-formed XML.

The other possibility is that the document contains some other character
which is being misread as codepoint 0x02 because the parser is using the
wrong encoding, for example because the XML declaration is incorrect.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Pankaj Bishnoi [mailto:pankaj(_dot_)bishnoi(_at_)adeptia(_dot_)com]
Sent: 04 November 2006 09:24
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Encoding issues with document() function

Hi All
        I am having a xsl in which i use XSLT document()
function. The problem i am facing is that the xml file i am
trying to read by using
document() function is having some Unicode characters and the
exception thrown at transformation time is ::

SystemId Unknown; Line #133;Column #104; Can not load
requested doc: An invalid XML character(Unicode: 0x2) was
found in the element content of the document

The source xml file is having encoding UTF-8. I tried to
search the web for this issue and one alternate specified is
to replace thos '0x2' character.
Now there can be other characters as well that might come in
other scenarios such as 0x1,0x13 etc. Now my quesstion is is
there any encoding that supports all these characters?

Is there any way out for this issue . Any help will be highly
appreciated.

Thanks
Pankaj

--~--