xsl-list

RE: [xsl] How to define a custom collation for Saxon8-8J

2006-11-07 04:40:57
This will vary from one product to another, but the facilities in Saxon are
defined at

http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/extensibility/collation.html

You should be able to get a collation suitable for German simply by using
lang="de" on xsl:sort, though it you need to use it for other operations
such as < and > then you will need to use a collation URI, which in Saxon is

http://saxon.sf.net/collation?lang=de

If you want to set up your own Java RuleBasedCollator you can; if the
relevant class is BasicGerman and it's on the classpath then you can use

http://saxon.sf.net/collation?class=BasicGerman

If you don't want to use Saxon-specific URIs, then you can implement your
own CollationURIResolver.

Saxon-specific questions are best asked on the saxon-help list or forum at
SourceForge.net

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/