xsl-list

RE: [xsl] using xml schema to generate xml

2006-11-14 11:44:11
Syntax-directed editors have some similarities with this idea.

But remember that for a given schema, there's an infinite number of possible
instances, and choosing a plausible one might not always be easy.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Lambrichs [mailto:marc(_dot_)lambrichs(_at_)melange-it(_dot_)nl]
Sent: 14 November 2006 13:08
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] using xml schema to generate xml

I'm thinking of a scenario where I can generate an (instance)
xml-document based on an xml-schema and another xml-stream or
-file. I think I can parse the schema with xslt and lookup
the appropriate values in the other xml-file.

However, a more beautiful solution - I think - would be that
parsing the xml together with the schema, and since some
errors events will occur, attaching code to those events that
will put some nodes in the resulting xml. Has anybody had
some experience with one of these scenarios?

Cheers,
Marc

--~--