xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Whitespace and xs:normalizedString, xs:token

2006-11-23 08:35:54
I'm not sure I see the relevance to XSLT here...

But if you're using a schema-aware stylesheet with schema-validated input,
then using a type such as xs:normalizedString will cause the PSVI, and hence
the data model that XSLT sees as its input, to contain the string with
whitespace suitably normalized. (The normalization, incidentally, is not the
same as that performed by normalize-space()).

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: jesper(_dot_)tverskov(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com
[mailto:jesper(_dot_)tverskov(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of Jesper
Tverskov
Sent: 23 November 2006 15:16
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Whitespace and xs:normalizedString, xs:token

Am I right that whitespace errors are not reported for
xs:normalizedString and xs:token and is irrelevant for validation?

That the above datatypes are only a show of intent. That is
if software can read the schema then xs:normalizedString and
xs:token indicate what the software can do with whitespace if
it wants to do something?

Cheers,
Jesper Tverskov

--~--