xsl-list

Re: [xsl] generate-id() problem

2006-11-24 03:01:26
ok sorry about the confusion I made. what I need to do is to generate
a unique identifier for different nodes. so I need to generate an XML
of the form below

<rule:foo rdf:ID="rule_N2320">
   <rule:bar rdf:resource="constraint_N3456"/>
</rule:foo>

<constraint:test rdf:ID="constraint_N3456">
  <t1/>
  <t2/>
<constraint:tes>

ok so as it is obvious in the code above, I need to generate two
unique values, here "N2320" and "N3456", using a funciton and attach
them to my terms, "rule" and "constraint".

I need to generate these two numbers at the same time in my xslt
template as I need to keep track of the generated elements and their
ids later in the code. I thought of generate-id() as the suitable
function for my purpose. In one of the tutorials I read on XSLT it
says that generate-id() can be used to generate a unique string for a
node, so based on this single line hint, I thought that would be what
I need but apparantly it isn't.

thanks in advance for the help,
-Nima