xsl-list

[xsl] RDF/OWL Transformation using XSL - Backtracking Parent Classes ?

2006-11-25 14:17:41
Hello,

I am trying to display the below file using xslt as a tree structure;

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<rdf:RDF
   xmlns:rdf=" http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#";
   xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#";
    xmlns:rdfs="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#";
   xmlns:owl="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#";>

 <owl:Class rdf:about="#Grandad">
   <rdfs:comment
rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string";>old</rdfs:comment>
 </owl:Class>

 <owl:Class rdf:about="#Dad">
   <rdfs:subClassOf>
     <owl:Class rdf:about="#Grandad"/>
   </rdfs:subClassOf>
 </owl:Class>

 <owl:Class rdf:ID="Son">
   <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="#Dad"/>
 </owl:Class>

 <owl:Class rdf:ID="Daughter">
   <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="#Dad"/>
 </owl:Class>

</rdf:RDF>

However as you can see the relationship is part of each element, as
opposed to having the element nested within each other based on their
relationship.

If the relationships were going downwards it would be easy, i.e. The
"Grandad" class would state what classes are inheriting from it,
however as inheritance and classes don't work this way, i don't know
how these relationships can be converted to a hierarchy structure such
as:
<Grandad>
 <Dad>
   <Son>
   </Son>
   <Daughter>
   </Daughter>
 </Dad>
</Grandad>

How can I display this using xsl to show the hierarchy of classes ?

Grandad( Dad( Son(), Daughter() ) )

I am not too concerned with the form of presentation, only how to
backtrack the Classes based on the relationship.
For example to be able to create something like the below:
   Grandad
       Dad
           Son
           Daughter