xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Find node-set from string

2006-11-29 06:19:14
On 11/29/06, Per Osnes <per(_dot_)osnes(_at_)hia(_dot_)no> wrote:
My concern is point c. From the example above, I want to search file1 for
element message/header/from. One solution is to convert the found text to a
sequence and search the input file e.g. by
  /*[name()=$seq[1]]/*[name()=$seq[2]]/*[name()=$seq[3]]...

The easiest option is to use an extension function such as
saxon:evaluate() to parse a string as an XPath.

Alternatively you could write a stylesheet that dynamically creates a
stylesheet containing a single template with the logic to process the
selected elements, which imports your current stylesheet.  One problem
with this technique is that because of its dynamic nature you can't
compile the stylesheet into a Templates object...

cheers
andrew