xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Processing empty nodes in XSLT

2006-11-30 03:25:03
On 11/30/06, David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

> Their parser chokes if I don't.

So they are not using an XML parser, odd.

The number of people I come across that happily read and write XML to
disk without using a proper parser/writer for the job outweighs those
that do.

I don't know if its because XML looks simple, or that extracting
values or writing XML is relatively hard in comparison to standard IO,
but loads of people seem quite happy doing it.  Then they have to
layer on hack after hack as the various input XML breaks the parsing.

One guy told me he did it for performance reasons...