xsl-list

Re: [xsl] variable rtf as querystring in document uri

2006-11-30 03:47:23

So ok..., how do one passes the string through the 'document' command
without losing the markup. Do we not have to convert the markup first,
before passing it into the document command.

well it depends, in the example you posted the url string that needed to
contain tags was just a constant variable in your input and I suggested
just changing that variable to have markup instead of element nodes.

If that was just an artifact of the way you simplified it for posting
and really your $url variable comes from some XML that is constructed
somewhere then you need to serialise it to a string.

some systems have extensions to do that, eg saxon8 has
http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/extensions/functions/serialize.html
(I can't remember if saxon6 had a similar one)
or you can apply templates in a mode that does serialisation
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect4/N10301.html#d13755e49
But if your xml is in a result tree fragment then you'll need to use
saxon (or exslt) node-set() extension before you can apply templates to
it.

David